Wednesday, March 21, 2012

the beginning...

Okay, so this is the start to my blog about makeup, nails, and everything in between...I'm going to include some tutorials and lots of pictures!! I will also include reviews on my favorite products - new and old, and mostly Urban Decay products.. which was the reason I got this cosmetics addiction...

I am also a huge fan of doing my own manicures and pedicures! You would think it saves you money by buying your own polish and accessories, which it does in the long run, but when you begin to become addicted to getting the newest colors and products, it starts to add up. sooo now, I have become a bit more modest lately with my purchases but don't worry there is lots to show and tell!! If you click on any of the pictures below they will enlarge on the screen with a full gallery from the entire post..

Welcome and ENJOY!!!!


For my first tutorial, I want to show off a couple eye makeup designs using Urban Decay's 15 Year Anniversary pallete, which has LOTS of shimmery, glittery colors and neutrals and one black matte - Blackout (the perfect black matte). The palette's  package itself is really pretty and shiny (i love shiny), and features a nice big mirror under the lid and also a secret (small) storage compartment under the eyeshadow palette.

Up first - I'm going to show you how to do a shimmery neutral eye with a pop of pink and then a dark smokey shimmery aqua look.

I ALWAYS start with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion... just dab some on you eyelid with your pinky or I personally like to use the old wand from their older genie bottle version. The primer comes in different formulas too: Original (invisble) , Sin (champagne shimmer), Greed (gold shimmer), and Eden (nude matte). It makes your eyemake up last ALL DAY no joke, don't take it off when you go to bed, and it looks just as nice the next morning.. how I know that.. well, there have been a few of those nights of course!! anyways.. next step..

Neutral eye with a pop of Pink! [ ps- dont laugh at my nerdy pictures :) ]

For this look I started with Junkshow (hot pink shimmer) putting it in the inner corner of my eye and some on my lid...
and then follow that with Chase (gold shimmer) on the lid...

and thennnn use M.I.A. (dark brown shimmer) for the crease...

Then I like to take a little bit of Midnight Rodeo (Brown glitter) in and a little above the crease, then use Midnight 15 (very light brown glitter) to highlight up to the brow...


Next a little eye liner, I like to put some under and on top of my bottom lash line...also a little on the top lashes... I used Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof eyeline in Whiskey...


Then simply use an angled brush to put a little more of that lovely pink Junkshow shadow under the lashes and blend into the lid some....

The final touch - mascara!
I LOVE Urban Decay's Supercurl Mascara.. it's just black magical waterproof mascara.. I didn't really put too much on in the photo but I think the final outcome looks great!!!
I think this would look better on maybe a darker skin color and also mixing it up with a teal hue instead of the pink would be fun too!!



..........AND NOW FOR A DARKER LOOK.........muahahaha......

Start the look with the gorgeous aqua shimmer of Deep End... again, put it in the inner corner of the eye and a little on the top lid...


Follow with Evidence (Navy shimmer)..start at the outer corner of lid and crease and put on a nice thick coat of it.. then get a little bit of Ace (gray shimmer) and brush a little bit of that right above the navy and blend a little....


You might notice a little hint of a white shimmer above the gray, and yes I cheated and used a color from another palette (Zephyr - Book of Shadows IV).. use your favorite white shimmer to highlight the eye and make the colors flow!


Take some black eyeliner - I used this great black liner - Onyx from Estee Lauder, which my boyfriend got me for Christmas with some other goodies, inside a snazzy Michael Kors makeup bag!

I decided to just put a little bit on my bottom lash line for defintion because I didn't want to go to heavy by putting it on the top lash line and taking away from the pretty eyeshadow!
So of course the final step blend the shadows, add the highlighting white shimmer and some supercurl mascara.... and BAM!!!!!!!!!




So there you have it! 


the lesson here: DONT BE AFRAID OF COLOR!!! EXPERIMENT!!! HAVE FUN!!!
That is really the key to makeup...so go pick up a well worth the money Urban Decay eyeshadow palette, eyeliners and mascara and make a statement - be even more beautiful :) I hope you enjoy these looks and give them a try... and please don't mind my crazy eyebrows which now I realize they are lookin a little wild!! Below I posted the palette again and my brushes, etc......

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette

from left to right: ud primer potion, naked UD lipgloss, brushes..., estee lauder liner onyx, ud liner whiskey and ud supercurl mascara
Thanks for reading - post any questions or comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment