Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Nails with OPI

Nail time, Nail time, NAAAIIILLL TIIIIME!!!!
I love expanding my nail polish collection, especially in my favorite colors..
Recently, OPI came out with the Nicki Minaj and Holland collections for spring. Although I chose some of the darker colors they still look fantastic and very trendy :) First, I want to show off the beautiful blue-teal color by Nicki Minaj.. it's called "Fly" and then the awesome maroon-dark pink/purple shimmer, Shatter polish, also by Nicki..which is called non other than, "Super Bass" Boom ba dum boom boom ba dum boom baby - that's that super bass....on the right....hah.


So I decieded to fancy up my toes a bit by using this duo.. see how it transforms below!


I think the flash kinda takes the teal color out of the nail polish, sorry :(

step one.. 
Apply a nice 2 coats of Fly and let it dry completely....

step two..
Apply 1 even layer of Super Bass Shatter and watch it, well, Shatter!!!

step three..
Let it dry and then apply a clear top coat to seal it all in and give your little piggies a nice shine!
I love to use OPI Start to Finish (base & top coat) it nourishes your nails and keeps them strong as a base coat and then can be used again as your top coat :)
and Ta-Da!.. ugh i cleaned up the messy edges after i took the pics sorry haha
  no laughing at my funny toes please.......lol

Another fun way to use the color Fly, is to pair it with Katy Perry's Last Friday Night, which is an AMAZING blue glitter with green/blue/yellow flakes...pictured on the left.. it's what I used to add a great sparkle to my toes and fingernails before doing the shatter look above..Nicki's collection is shown below!


And now a little review on OPI's Holland collection - while most of the other colors are a bit more bright pink and orange, a few nice pastels, and a couple dark hues.. I tried the more drab look with a surprisingly really cute greyish blue with silver/light aqua glitter called "I don't give a Rotterdam!" 

And a gorgeous dark purple with a touch of gold/purple (multicolorish) irredescent shimmer called
"Dutch ya just love OPI?"

Both turned out very nice after applying 2 coats... really don't need more than 2 with the purple..
I love them both and want to add more to the collection of course!!
Check them out at Ulta (which is where I usually go for most of my beauty products - and make sure to join the Ulta Club, it's free!)

OH!! and guess what is on the way for the new Spiderman movie this summer???

You guess it... an OPI collection!!!
check out these links below for more info... I'm already in love with a couple of the colors...



 Thanks for reading.. stay tuned for more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment